Here is a lovely vegan curry recipe for you…Cauliflower & Pea Tikka Masala. Serve it over fluffy rice and sprinkle with chopped almonds and coriander leaves for a delicious midweek meal. Best of all it’s ready in under 30 minutes…
Prep | 5 mins
Cook | under 25 mins
Serves | 4
Easy | Healthy | Vegan | Vegetarian | refined sugar-free | part of your 5-a-day | 30 minute meal
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 medium brown onion, thinly-sliced
• 1 heaped tbsp tikka curry powder
• 1/2tsp crushed chilli flakes (optional)
• ¼ tsp fine sea salt
• Half a head of cauliflower (approx. 400g), chopped into florets
• 125g basmati rice, rinsed and cooked
• 4 tbsp dairy-free coconut yogurt
• 300ml vegetable stock (gluten-free if you like)
• 1x400g tin of chickpeas, drained
• 150g frozen peas
• 25g chopped almonds
• handful of coriander leaves, rough-chopped, to serve (optional)
• Heat the oil in a lidded medium saucepan, add the onion and cook on a medium- high heat for 4-5 minutes until the onion starts to colour.
• Add the curry powder, chilli flakes, salt and cauliflower and stir-fry for 2 minutes, coating thoroughly in the spices.
• Stir in 2 tablespoons of the coconut yogurt then pour in the hot stock. Bring to the boil, give everything a good stir then tip in the peas and chickpeas and cover with the lid. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes without lifting the lid. Make the rice while the curry cooks (see packet for instructions).
• Fluff up the grains of rice with a fork then top with the curry and the rest of the coconut yogurt. Scatter over with chopped almonds and coriander and a little extra crushed chilli, if you wish.
#vegan #cauliflower #curry #recipe